Friday, May 19, 2017

Final Friday notes

I can't believe it, but this is our final Friday of Kindergarten!
Everyone always asks "are you ready for summer?"  My answer is always conflicted.  I am definitely ready to sleep in, lay by the pool, have time to exercise, travel, etc., but I am always so sad to let my "babies" go.  After 13 years of teaching, it never gets easier!  I am always smiling, but also tearful on the last day of school.  It will be especially hard to let the first group of "Beulah Babies", as I have lovingly called them this year, go.  They always giggle and love when I call them this.  I loved all my years at my former CPS school, but there is just something truly special about Beulah Ralph and I am so lucky to be a teacher here!  So yes, I am ready for summer, but I am also sad to say good-bye to the beautiful children you have trusted me with over the last 9 months. They are all unique and special in their own ways and have grown so much!  I love each and everyone of them and will always remember them and how special they are.  I hope they will always remember their Kindergarten teacher as well. Thanks to everyone for a wonderful year of amazing memories!

Please check the Friday Folder for the following:
*Math games you can play with dice and a deck of cards

*Invitation to our Kindergarten program

*Math assessments from this year

*Class play-dates this summer

*Things to do this summer

*Summer Slide note

We ask that all students wear one of their BEU shirts on Thursday for the Kindergarten program.  If they don't have one, no worries.

Field Day Monday: students MUST wear tennis shoes.  We recommend gym type shorts and a t-shirt (no skirts or dresses).  It is also a good idea to send a beach towel, as they will get wet. They can also wear a hat or sunglasses.  Sunscreen is also recommended.

The kiddos did a WONDERFUL job on their end of year spelling test today.  I showed all of them how they did and they will be coming home with the report card on Thursday.

Check out the craft they are bringing home today.  They each told something they were proud of from Kindergarten.  I'm proud of ALL of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment