Friday, December 1, 2017

Happy December

I want to start by thanking each and everyone of you who reached out to me these last few days when I've been out with bronchitis.  This is a class full of sweet kids with even sweeter families!  I have never had bronchitis before and I sure hope I never get it again; it isn't fun!  While not 100%, I am feeling much better and am happy to be back at school with your precious little ones.  The doctor said I will probably still have a cough for 4-6 weeks, but should get better each day.  I'm hoping my winter break is better than my Thanksgiving break was!  Between me and my doggie Charlie (who is still with us, but I'm afraid not much longer....he has declined greatly this week as well) it hasn't been an easy Fall.  I can promise you that I have NEVER missed as much work in all my years of teaching as I have this year and I apologize for that.  Here's to hoping 2018 is much better!
Thanks again for all of the love over the last few weeks! 

A look at our learning...

Fundations:we did not learn new letters or letter sounds this week due to me being absent.  Each day they reviewed the letters and sounds previously learned through a variety of cut and paste worksheets.  They brought these home throughout the week.  Your child should be able to sort words by beginning/ending sounds, tell you beginning/ending sounds and write simple 3 letter words by using the letters/sounds they have learned in fundations.  

Shared Reading: we read the big books He said no and What is at the zoo?  They featured our words of the week, yes and no.  They now have their own copies of these books in their book boxes to practice daily at Read to Self time.  
Next week's new words:
it
in
if

Math: we started Unit 4 this week.  Please see the handouts in the Friday Folder to see what we will focus on this unit and ways you can extend learning at home.  Please continue to also work on counting (60 is the Feb. goal, 100 end of Kindergarten goal) and writing numbers with correct formation (20 is the Feb. goal, 31 end of Kindergarten goal).

Scholastic Book Orders are in this week's Friday Folder.  They are due next Friday, December 8th, to ensure delivery before winter break.  Books make WONDERFUL stocking stuffers or Christmas presents and it is typically cheaper to order through Scholastic as opposed to a book store.  Please make checks payable to Scholastic Book Clubs. Cash is not accepted.  

Don't forget to turn in November reading logs.  December reading logs are in the Friday Folder.  

No comments:

Post a Comment