Tuesday, October 10, 2017

The Human Body Science Stations

Science
Today was day 2 of our human body science lessons with Mrs. Fitch.  The children rotated between 4 stations: bones, muscles, lungs and stomach. They are bringing home "lungs" they made at the lung station. Thanks to Cal's mom and Miles' mom for helping with the stations today!





Jacket weather
Fall is here!  Time to start sending jackets to school!
The children are welcome to keep a light jacket in their cubby or they can bring it home each night, whichever you prefer.  We had a few cold friends at recess today!
This is also the time when we start practicing how to zip/button our coats.  I will always help the kiddos, but only after I see them try first.  Usually they say "I can't" but once they try they find out they usually can!  This is a great fine motor activity to also practice at home.  I know in our busy lives it's easier to just do it for them and rush out the door, but letting them do it is such an important developmental milestone!
I'll be keeping my eye out for "expert zippers" who can help me help other friends when needed!


No comments:

Post a Comment