Thursday, April 18, 2019

CFAE Teacher of the Year banquet

Last night I had the honor of attending, and being recognized, at the Columbia Fund for Academic Excellence Teacher of the Year banquet at Kimball Ballroom. Teaching has been my dream since I was in first grade due to the impact my first grade teacher had on me.  That dream never changed and I can happily say I have lived out my dream for 15 years.  Not once did I ever expect recognition like this and I continue to be very humbled and grateful.This is a moment I will never forget and always treasure.  I truly appreciate the many kind letters from you, current and former colleagues, students, friends and family that helped me earn this award.  Dr. Stiepleman even said in all of his years of handing out this award I was the first person who had so many letters of support from people all over the district and beyond and not just from my school.  WOW!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I wanted to share a few pictures from the banquet.  We were limited to 20 guests or else I would have invited so many more people!!  My family took up a lot of those spots!





Dr. Majerus

Dr. Stiepleman
My parents


All 7 winners

Kindergarten team

Beulah co-workers

Co-workers and my first principal from Midway Heights, where I taught for 11 years







No comments:

Post a Comment